A bit of controversy never goes astray and Richard Noon from Webjet – winner of the inaugural TRAVELtech Silver Tongue Devil Award – managed to add some spice by providing inhouse estimates of rival company turnover. Using Hitwise and PhoCusWright figures cross-referenced with Webjet’s own $330m takings during 07/08, Noon estimated online turnover for Flight Centre at $180m, Best Flights $120m, Expedia $80m and Zuji $30m. Arthur Hoffman (Expedia) and Zuji (Scott Blume) were sharing the stage with Noon at the time. Each company is American owned and Howard Hughes private. Hoffman disputed the figures, saying the reality was “well north” of Noon’s estimates while Blume declined to comment at all. Travel Trends: September 4, 2008
OCTOBER 4, 2016
TRAVELtech - Australia's leading online travel marketing, distribution and technology event - returns to Sydney on October 4.
So mark it in your diary and keep and eye out for further details, which will be available from early May.
Alternatively - and this would be a much smarter option - register for updates and we'll send them through.
Meanwhile, here are some pix from 2015...
If you'd like to find out more please email us or call 612-9882-1575.
See more great pix at: TRAVELtech 2015 - It's A Wrap...
Change It Up!
The latest edition of No Vacancy has just been staged in Sydney.
Great day, more than 200 in attendance and a program packed with industry leaders featuring presentations, data, debate, panels and discussion.
- Matt Bekier, Chief Executive, Star Entertainment Group
- Donald Borg, Revenue Performance Director Australasia, IHG
- Matthew Burke, Analyst & BDM, STR Global
- Grant Colquhoun, Senior Director of Account Management APAC, TripAdvisor
- Adrian Currie, SVP Corporate Development, Priceline Group
- Dean Dransfield, Managing Director, Dransfield Hotels/Resorts
- Bob East, CEO, Mantra Group
- Daniel Finch, Managing Director, Wotif Group
- Andrew Hughes, VP Hotel Sourcing Asia Pacific, GTA
- Girish Jhunjhuwala, Founder and CEO, Ovolo Hotels
- Cemlyn Jones, General Manager, Travelzoo Australia
- Julian Ledger, Chief Executive Officer, YHA Australia
- Sam McDonagh, Country Manager, Airbnb
- Bernie O'Keefe, Director of Marketing, Tangalooma Island Resort
- Adam Posner, CEO & Founder, Directivity
- Steve Richards, Head of Commercial, Best Western Australia
- Armina Soemino, Emerging Companies Research Analyst, JP Morgan
- Anton Stanish, Regional Director Australia/NZ, HomeAway.com
- Renae Trimble, Vice President Loyalty & Digital Commerce, Australia, Accor Hotels
- Matthew Thomas, National Manager, Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Peter Waters, Director of Distribution, Global Hotel Group, Amadeus IT
Please get in touch if you have any questions about No Vacancy.