A bit of controversy never goes astray and Richard Noon from Webjet – winner of the inaugural TRAVELtech Silver Tongue Devil Award – managed to add some spice by providing inhouse estimates of rival company turnover. Using Hitwise and PhoCusWright figures cross-referenced with Webjet’s own $330m takings during 07/08, Noon estimated online turnover for Flight Centre at $180m, Best Flights $120m, Expedia $80m and Zuji $30m. Arthur Hoffman (Expedia) and Zuji (Scott Blume) were sharing the stage with Noon at the time. Each company is American owned and Howard Hughes private. Hoffman disputed the figures, saying the reality was “well north” of Noon’s estimates while Blume declined to comment at all. Travel Trends: September 4, 2008
Agenda, First Round of Speakers Announced
Check out the agenda and first round of speakers for TRAVELtech 2016, Australia's leading online travel marketing and distribution event.
- John Beros, General Manager, Scoopon.com.au
- Tony Carne, General Manager, Urban Adventures
- Greg Carter, co-Founder, Chimu Adventures
- Gerry Comninos, CEO, RMS
- Frederic Chanut, MD, In Marketing We Trust
- Rod Cuthbert, CEO, Rome2rio.com
- Matt Evans, Analytics Lead Travel, Google Australia
- Brett Jardine, Commercial Director, CLIA Australasia
- Chris Hall, Chief Executive Officer, APT Group
- Peter Hopgood, General Manager, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research
- Bruce Piper, Publisher, Travel Daily/Cruise Weekly
- Ryan Posa, General Manager, Cruise Republic
- Nicola Benyon, Head of Campaigns, Animal Protection Australia
- Chris Reed, Founder & CEO, SafeTravels.com
- Alexander Robinson, CEO, Airly
- Fred Schebesta, co-Founder, Finder.com.au
- Adam Schwab, Managing Director, Lux Group Limited
- Alex Stewart, Chief Operating Officer, SiteMinder
- Sean Sutherland, Head of Digital and E-Commerce, OTA Division at Flight Centre Travel Group
- Ben Tattersfield, co-Founder, Dreams AI
- Justin Wastnage, co-Founder Cine Souk
- James Woodford, co-Founder, YouCamp
There's more to come, so stay tuned.
Pix from 2015:
No Vacancy Returns to Sydney in March 2017
No Vacancy is where accommodation meets the internet and innovation.
Founded in 2007, it's a dynamic one-day event with a strong track record.
It aims to be provocative, interesting and honest.
To be kept abreast of the latest developments, please register here.