A bit of controversy never goes astray and Richard Noon from Webjet – winner of the inaugural TRAVELtech Silver Tongue Devil Award – managed to add some spice by providing inhouse estimates of rival company turnover. Using Hitwise and PhoCusWright figures cross-referenced with Webjet’s own $330m takings during 07/08, Noon estimated online turnover for Flight Centre at $180m, Best Flights $120m, Expedia $80m and Zuji $30m. Arthur Hoffman (Expedia) and Zuji (Scott Blume) were sharing the stage with Noon at the time. Each company is American owned and Howard Hughes private. Hoffman disputed the figures, saying the reality was “well north” of Noon’s estimates while Blume declined to comment at all. Travel Trends: September 4, 2008
THE BIG SQUEEZE
No Vacancy Australia 2015
The first round of speakers have been announced for No Vacancy Australia in Sydney on March 26.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bob East, CEO, Mantra Group
- Paul Constantinou, Chairman, Quest Serviced Apartments
- Jarrod Crump, Director of Revenue and Distribution, Accor Australia
- Michael Daley, Insights Delivery Manager, Experian Hitwise
- Dean Dransfield, Director, Dransfield Hotels and Resorts
- Emma Fraser, Group Director of Marketing, TFE Hotels
- Sean Hunt, Regional VP Pacific, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Matthew Lawson, Director, Getaroom .com.au
- Dan Lynn, Vice President Asia Pacific, HomeAway.com
- Karin Sheppard, Chief Operating Officer - Australasia, Japan, Korea & AMEA
- Ray Stone, Executive General Manager, Voyages Indigenous Tourism
- Adrian Thompson, Director of Revenue and Distribution, Meriton
- Stephen West, Executive General Manager, Turtle Beach Resort
- Han Zantingh, Managing Director Asia, Brainjuicer
The 2015 theme is 'The Big Squeeze' - reflecting the intensely competitive travel marketplace.
Tickets are available for a limited time at the rate of $449 + gst, so book now and save.
No Vacancy 2015 is going to be a great day, featuring a topical tightly moderated program packed with industry leaders.
There'll also be excellent networking with 200+ delegates expected.
TRAVELtech New Zealand
TRAVELtech is heading to New Zealand for the first time in May, 2015.
It marks the international debut of Asia-Pacific's original travel internet and distribution event.
NO VACANCY BALI
Returns mid-September 2015
No Vacancy Bali will return bigger and better to the Island of the Gods in mid-September, 2015.
There are some exciting developments in store - check back soon for further developments.
The first edition of No Vacancy Bali was held for the first time this year.
WHAT A DAY - TRAVELtech 2014
TRAVELtech 2014 has just wrapped up, and safe to say it was one of the best ever.
Vibrant crowd, excellent atmospere, strong program, lots of fantastic ideas.
Innovation & Inspiration ruled, at least for a day.
The interview with Skroo Turner (pictured), the entrepreneurial story of Anthony Hynes, the optimism of the Pitch It To Me crew, the sensational food, new friends and conversation.
Thanks to everyone who contributed: speakers, guests, sponsors.