A bit of controversy never goes astray and Richard Noon from Webjet – winner of the inaugural TRAVELtech Silver Tongue Devil Award – managed to add some spice by providing inhouse estimates of rival company turnover. Using Hitwise and PhoCusWright figures cross-referenced with Webjet’s own $330m takings during 07/08, Noon estimated online turnover for Flight Centre at $180m, Best Flights $120m, Expedia $80m and Zuji $30m. Arthur Hoffman (Expedia) and Zuji (Scott Blume) were sharing the stage with Noon at the time. Each company is American owned and Howard Hughes private. Hoffman disputed the figures, saying the reality was “well north” of Noon’s estimates while Blume declined to comment at all. Travel Trends: September 4, 2008
Lots of fresh faces & innovative companies feature in the program for this year's edition of TRAVELtech Australia, the theme of which is 'Disruptive Influences'.
The day is anchored by a compelling agenda exploring the seismic changes rocking the travel world and beyond.
- Sydney Burdick, Global Public Affairs, Trivago
- Wlad Chagas, Senior Insights Analyst, Experian Hitwise
- Stefan Cordiner, Regional Director – South Pacific, Hotel Tonight
- Murray Decker, Founder, Tour Amigo
- Sam Dobson, Head of Transport Equity Research, Macquarie
- Ken Frohling, VP Business Development, Viator
- James Gaskell, Managing Director, Travel Corporation FIT
- Darrin Grafton, CEO and co-founder, Serko
- David Hamblin, Snr Director Mkt Mgt AP, Expedia
- Ryan Hanly, Founder, Outboundapp
- Adam Hutchinson, Founder, Geozone
- Kevin Jochelson, Founder, Fiestafy
- Serena Leith, Director of Marketing Asia Pacific, Spotify
- Jeff Lewis, VP Engineering, Viator
- Sam McDonagh, Country Manager ANZ, Airbnb
- Lisa Pagotto, Founder, Crooked Compass
- Stevan Premutico, CEO and Founder, Dimmi
- Jeremy Reitman, CEO, Helloworld.com.au
- David Rohrsheim, General Manager, Uber ANZ
- Christian Schaefer, Founder, Carhood.com.au
- Debby Soo, Vice President Asia Pacific, Kayak
- Damien Tampling, Technology and Media Partner, Deloitte
- Ryan Tuckerman, Group Director Sales & Marketing, Art Series Hotels
- Alistair Venn, CEO, Groupon Australia
- Renee Welsh, CEO, Booking Boss
Sessions will be a mix of presentations, case studies, discussion and debate.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to partner with us.