Hotel company Accor has embarked on a twin strategy to boost flagging performance by 1) cutting €100m in costs to counter poor market conditions in southern Europe and 2) accelerating new openings in more vibrant markets, especially Asia. Accor says it will also drive more bookings online line and sell direct (bypassing travel agency commissions) wherever possible. See stories in Financial Times and Travolution.
- TRAVELtech NZ, June 25 -
Auckland is the place to be on June 25 for the first-ever TRAVELtech New Zealand.
Bookings are now open with early bird tickets great value at AUD499 including all sessions, meals and drinks plus exclusive access to the presentations.
The following speakers have confirmed so far and more are on the way:
- Mike Ballantyne, Co-Founder, Online Republic
- Daniel Bridges, Head of Satellites, Trade Me
- Sydney Burdick, Global PR and Social Media, Trivago
- Keith Chilek, Chief Technology Officer, Tourism Holdings Limited
- Andrew Fraser, Director of Marketing, Tourism New Zealand
- Darrin Grafton, Chief Executive Officer, Serko
- David Hamblin, Senior Director Market Management AP, Expedia® Lodging Partner Services
- Andrew Hodges, Head of Revenue NZ and Fiji, Accor Pacific
- Paula Maxwell, Director of Trade Sales, Mantra Group
- Dougal Mckenzie, Industry Head – Travel, Google Australia & NZ
- Jon Randles, Head of Talking - Marketer, Strategist and Trainer at Mosh Social Media
- Anton Stanish, Regional Director Australia/NZ, HomeAway.com
- Nigel Taylor, Country Manager NZ, Sabre Pacific
- Nicole Wiener, Director of Sales Asia Pacific, Revinate
- Ben Woodward, Social Media Strategist and Founder, #whywellington
It promises to be a definitive day with great speakers and the latest industry data, case studies, panels, interviews, presentations and debate.
TTNZ has a focus on online travel, e-commerce, distribution, digital marketing, mobile, social media, technology, web trends and other key issues.
Founded in 1999, TRAVELtech has an outstanding track record with an international reputation for strong programs, real information, entertaining speakers and excellent networking.
TRAVELtech returns to Sydney on October 15.
Founded in 1999, it's Australia's leading web travel event, attracting 200+ delegates each year.
Early days at this stage and further details of this year's event will be posted over the next couple of months.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions, please get in touch.
PIX FROM 2014
IT'S A WRAP!
It's a wrap! No Vacancy Australia has just been staged in Sydney.
Please subscribe if you'd like further event updates.
Meanwhile, check out this year's speaker lineup and hope to see you in 2016...
- Bob East, CEO, Mantra Group
- Paul Constantinou, Chairman, Quest Serviced Apartments
- Jarrod Crump, Director of Revenue and Distribution, Accor Australia
- Michael Daley, Insights Delivery Manager, Experian Hitwise
- Dean Dransfield, Director, Dransfield Hotels and Resorts
- Emma Fraser, Group Director of Marketing, TFE Hotels
- Matthew Fuller, General Manager, Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- David Hamblin, Senior Director of Market Management AP, Expedia® Lodging Partner Services
- Dan Lynn, Vice President Asia Pacific, HomeAway.com
- Will Owens, Director, Revenue Finders
- Rodger Powell, Director, Tourism and Hospitality Services Australia
- Jeremy Reitman, CEO, Helloworld.com.au
- Tony Sheer, General Manager, Arra Accommodation Group
- Karin Sheppard, Chief Operating Officer - Australasia, Japan, Korea & AMEA
- Ray Stone, Executive General Manager, Voyages Indigenous Tourism
- Andrew Taylor, Regional Director of Development, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Cameron Stewart, VP Hotel Operations Australia and NZ, SilverNeedle Hospitality
- Adrian Thompson, Director of Revenue and Distribution, Meriton
- Stephen West, Executive General Manager, Turtle Beach Resort
- Han Zantingh, Managing Director Asia, Brainjuicer
- Neil Ackland, Founder, Sound Alliance