Hotel company Accor has embarked on a twin strategy to boost flagging performance by 1) cutting €100m in costs to counter poor market conditions in southern Europe and 2) accelerating new openings in more vibrant markets, especially Asia. Accor says it will also drive more bookings online line and sell direct (bypassing travel agency commissions) wherever possible. See stories in Financial Times and Travolution.
NO VACANCY BALI
Book now for the first-ever No Vacancy Bali, which being staged this Friday, August 29.
It'is a fast-moving, issues-based one-day accommodation industry featuring excellent speakers (see below) and a focussed program that lifts the lid on Asia's hottest accommodation market.
- Chuck Abbott, Regional Vice President Southeast Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Hichame Assi, Chief Operating Officer, HotelsCombined
- Bill Barnett, Managing Director, C9 HotelWorks
- Peter Brampton, General Manager, The Stones Hotel - Legian
- Tenaiya Brookfield, Director of e-Commerce, Archipelago International
- Michael Burchett, Senior VP Operations & Development, Mantra Group Indonesia
- Tony Cannon, Co-Owner, Komune Resorts
- David Chambat, Managing Director, Villa-Bali.com
- Daniel Finch, Executive General Manager Asia, Wotif.com
- Mark Flower, Director of Commercial Southeast Asia, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Matthew Gebbie, Director, Horwath HTL
- Alan Gertner, Industry Head – Travel, Google Southeast Asia
- Irene Janti, Brand Director, Pop! Hotels
- Traci Mercer, Vice President Market Management AP, Expedia
- Daniel Miller, Head of Bali Office, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels
- Craig Seaward, General Manager, W Bali Retreat and Spa
- James Stuart, Managing Partner, The Brand Company
- Jon Stonham, Chief Executive Officer, Elite Havens Group
- Stephen Thresh, Regional Director Southeast Asia, Booking.com
- Mary Justice Thomasson, Resident Editor - Bali, Luxe City Guides
Tickets are now on sale for TRAVELtech 2014, the central theme of which is innovation - "finding a better way of doing something"...
The program has just been revealed while lots of great local and international speakers are already been confirmed, with more on the way.
- Mike Boyd, CEO, VroomVroomVroom
- Peter Bradd, Entrepreneur in Residence, Fusion Labs
- Elise Chang, Marketing, Partnership & Leisure Sales Director, Thrifty
- Luke Crawford, Director, tripbooka
- Michael Curry, Manager Digital Innovation, Qantas Airways Limited
- Michael Daley, Team Lead – Research, Experian Hitwise
- Brad Gurrie, Managing Director, Travelzoo Australia
- Rakesh Hegde, Founder & CEO, Rezopia
- Anthony Hynes, Managing Director and CEO, eNett
- Richard Ings, CEO & Co-Founder, Troopr
- Simon Lenoir, Founder, Rezdy
- Ross McDonald, Industry Head – Travel & Tourism, Google Australia
- Georg Ruebensal, Managing Director, Expedia Australia
- Andy Sleigh, GM Asia-Pacific, Skyscanner
- Graham Turner, CEO & Managing Director, Flight Centre
- Clement Wong, CEO, BeMyGuest
Please get in touch if you'd like to contribute an idea, speak or sponsor.
No Vacancy Australia returns to Sydney on March 26, 2015
Get set for No Vacancy Australia 2015.
The date has just been set and the venue confirmed.
More news in the coming months.
Any thoughts or ideas, please contact Martin Kelly.
Then check out this lively sizzle reel from 2014 to get a feel for the event.