Daily Deals site Groupon is evolving into an online travel agency in Europe. It has set up separate tour operating companies in France and Germany enabling it to legally package tours. Gregory Linn, director of hotel and travel – Europe, told Tnooz that Groupon is "little by little becoming an OTA with a difference … We want to give them a second choice to go to a more traditional mode but still with more interesting packages.” See Tnooz story.
Agenda, First Round of Speakers Announced
Check out the agenda and first round of speakers for TRAVELtech 2016, Australia's leading online travel marketing and distribution event.
- John Beros, General Manager, Scoopon.com.au
- Tony Carne, General Manager, Urban Adventures
- Greg Carter, co-Founder, Chimu Adventures
- Gerry Comninos, CEO, RMS
- Frederic Chanut, MD, In Marketing We Trust
- Rod Cuthbert, CEO, Rome2rio.com
- Matt Evans, Analytics Lead Travel, Google Australia
- Brett Jardine, Commercial Director, CLIA Australasia
- Chris Hall, Chief Executive Officer, APT Group
- Peter Hopgood, General Manager, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research
- Bruce Piper, Publisher, Travel Daily/Cruise Weekly
- Nicola Benyon, Head of Campaigns, Animal Protection Australia
- Chris Reed, Founder & CEO, SafeTravels.com
- Alexander Robinson, CEO, Airly
- Fred Schebesta, co-Founder, Finder.com.au
- Adam Schwab, Managing Director, Lux Group Limited
- Alex Stewart, Chief Operating Officer, SiteMinder
- Sean Sutherland, Head of Digital and E-Commerce, OTA Division at Flight Centre Travel Group
- Ben Tattersfield, co-Founder, Dreams AI
- Justin Wastnage, co-Founder Cine Souk
- James Woodford, co-Founder, YouCamp
There's more to come, so stay tuned.
Pix from 2015:
No Vacancy Returns to Sydney in March 2017
No Vacancy is where accommodation meets the internet and innovation.
Founded in 2007, it's a dynamic one-day event with a strong track record.
It aims to be provocative, interesting and honest.
To be kept abreast of the latest developments, please register here.