Where is domestic travel marketing? More than 80% of advertisements in the nation's major weekend travel supplement, Escape, spruiked international travel, leaving just 20% for the domestic message. The split looks even worse when ad size is taken into account. The international ad count includes nine full page ads plus a double-page spread. The biggest domestic ad was half-page. No wonder international travel is booming. It's worth noting the biggest advertiser was cruise with 25% of the ads while there were five separate ads from Australia's most successful retail Flight Centre and affiliates.
No Vacancy Returns to Sydney in March 2017
No Vacancy is where accommodation meets the internet and innovation.
Founded in 2007, it's a dynamic one-day event with a strong track record.
It aims to be provocative, interesting and honest.
To be kept abreast of the latest developments, please register here.
The Story Concludes...
The 2016 edition of TRAVELtech, Australia's leading travel marketing, distribution and tech conference, has just wrapped up.
Great crowd, with more than 200 in attendance, and some fantastic sessions, including a presentation by Sean Sutherland of Aunt Betty (above).
This year's theme was Disruptive Influences - The Story Continues and speakers included:
- Ben Angell, VP Marketing Asia Pacific, Norwegian Cruise Line
- Jon Beros, General Manager, Scoopon.com.au
- Tony Carne, General Manager, Urban Adventures
- Chad Carey, co-Founder, Chimu Adventures
- Katherine Cole, Regional Director Marketing, Hotels.com
- Gerry Comninos, CEO, RMS
- Frederic Chanut, MD, In Marketing We Trust
- Rod Cuthbert, CEO, Rome2rio.com
- Randall Deer, Managing Director, Ignite Travel Group
- Matt Evans, Analytics Lead Travel, Google Australia
- Brett Jardine, Commercial Director, CLIA Australasia
- Chris Hall, Managing Director, APT Group
- Ross Honeywill, Executive Director, Centre for Social Economics
- Peter Hopgood, General Manager, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Kurt Knackstedt, CEO, Troovo
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research
- Bruce Piper, Publisher, Travel Daily/Cruise Weekly
- Nicola Beynon, Head of Campaigns, World Animal Protection
- Chris Reed, Founder & CEO, SafeTravels.com
- Alexander Robinson, CEO, Airly
- Kelvin Ross, co-Founder, Dreamz AI
- Dan Russell, General Manager, CleanCruising.com.au
- Adam Schwab, Managing Director, Lux Group Limited
- Alex Stewart, Chief Operating Officer, SiteMinder
- Sean Sutherland, Head of Digital and E-Commerce, OTA Division at Flight Centre Travel Group
- Justin Wastnage, co-Founder Cine Souk
- Tim Welsh, Director of Social Media, Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited
- James Woodford, co-Founder, YouCamp
Thanks to everyone who attended and see you next year.