Joining The Star in July 2011, and with 25 years’ experience in the tourism and hospitality industry, Jakki is the epitome of a strategic sales and marketing professional.
As Executive Director of Sales at The Star, she has, and continues to, successfully lead a team of over 20 industry professionals through periods of massive change and growth firmly establishing The Star as Sydney’s premier event and entertainment destination
Jakki specialises in team management within the hospitality and tourism industry and throughout her career has undertaken a variety of roles including managing the sales and marketing team at The Novotel Sydney Olympic Park during the Sydney Olympic Games of 2000.
Boasting a diverse understanding of marketing and PR in practice, from long held experience in entertainment venues, restaurants and bars rounds out her sales and management skills.
Dedicated and focused on results, Jakki always strives to achieve excellence. It is a comprehensive knowledge of the tourism and hospitality industries in the fields of sales and marketing that allows Jakki to engage her focus on client and partner collaboration and deploy her vast skill set to drive The Star’s business growth.
- Ryan Tuckerman, Sales and Marketing Director, Art Series Hotels
- Jonathan Wooller, Executive Vice President – Operations, SilverNeedle Hospitality
- Tejinder Sidhu, Vice President Sales & Marketing, Compass Hospitality
- Fiona Hunt, Managing Director, Contiki Holidays Australia
- Tarandeep Singh, Director Revenue Management for Hire AMEA, InterContinental Hotels Group