Celebrities such as chef Matt Moran and singer Shannon Noll were paid to endorse Kangaroo Island on Twitter by the South Australian Tourism Commission, MediaWatch has revealed. It published an email from a publicist to clients which read: "They are looking for high profile celebrities with a high twitter following to tweet about Kangaroo Island. They will pay $750 plus gst for one tweet. They don’t want to tweet to appear endorsed, rather an organic mention, injecting your own personality into the tweet." See Mumbrella story.
Lots of fresh faces & innovative companies feature in the program for this year's edition of TRAVELtech Australia, the theme of which is 'Disruptive Influences'.
The day is anchored by a compelling agenda exploring the seismic changes rocking the travel world and beyond.
- Sydney Burdick, Global Public Affairs, Trivago
- Wlad Chagas, Senior Insights Analyst, Experian Hitwise
- Stefan Cordiner, Regional Director – South Pacific, Hotel Tonight
- Murray Decker, Founder, Tour Amigo
- Sam Dobson, Head of Transport Equity Research, Macquarie
- Ken Frohling, VP Business Development, Viator
- James Gaskell, Managing Director, Travel Corporation FIT
- Darrin Grafton, CEO and co-founder, Serko
- David Hamblin, Snr Director Mkt Mgt AP, Expedia
- Ryan Hanly, Founder, Outboundapp
- Adam Hutchinson, Founder, Geozone
- Kevin Jochelson, Founder, Fiestafy
- Serena Leith, Director of Marketing Asia Pacific, Spotify
- Jeff Lewis, VP Engineering, Viator
- Sam McDonagh, Country Manager ANZ, Airbnb
- Lisa Pagotto, Founder, Crooked Compass
- Stevan Premutico, CEO and Founder, Dimmi
- Jeremy Reitman, CEO, Helloworld.com.au
- David Rohrsheim, General Manager, Uber ANZ
- Christian Schaefer, Founder, Carhood.com.au
- Debby Soo, Vice President Asia Pacific, Kayak
- Damien Tampling, Technology and Media Partner, Deloitte
- Ryan Tuckerman, Marketing Director, Art Series Hotels
- Alistair Venn, CEO, Groupon Australia
- Renee Welsh, CEO, Booking Boss
Sessions will be a mix of presentations, case studies, discussion and debate.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to partner with us.