Celebrities such as chef Matt Moran and singer Shannon Noll were paid to endorse Kangaroo Island on Twitter by the South Australian Tourism Commission, MediaWatch has revealed. It published an email from a publicist to clients which read: "They are looking for high profile celebrities with a high twitter following to tweet about Kangaroo Island. They will pay $750 plus gst for one tweet. They don’t want to tweet to appear endorsed, rather an organic mention, injecting your own personality into the tweet." See Mumbrella story.
DISRUPTIVE INFLUENCES @ TRAVELtech 2015
- Sydney, Thursday, October 15 -
Get the latest on the ever-changing travel world at TRAVELtech Australia, leaving with the knowledge and tools to thrive in the year ahead.
Check out the confirmed speakers below - there's plenty more on the way - and don't forget the earlier you book, the more you save.
- Stefan Cordiner, Regional Director – South Pacific, Hotel Tonight
- Murray Decker, Founder, Tour Amigo
- Darrin Grafton, CEO and co-founder, Serko
- Ryan Hanly, Founder, Outboundapp
- Adam Hutchinson, Founder, Geozone
- Kevin Jochelson, Founder, Fiestafy
- Serena Leith, Director of Marketing Asia Pacific, Spotify
- Stevan Premutico, CEO and Founder, Dimmi
- Jeremy Reitman, CEO, Helloworld.com.au
- Christian Schaefer, Founder, Carhood.com.au
- Debbie Soo, Vice President Asia Pacific, Kayak
- Damien Tampling, Technology and Media Partner, Deloitte
- Ryan Tuckerman, Marketing Director, Art Series Hotels
- Alistair Venn, CEO, Groupon Australia
- Renee Welsh, CEO, Booking Boss
It will be a fantastic day based around the theme of 'Disruptive Influences'.
Sessions will be a mix of presentations, case studies, discussion and debate.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to partner with us.
BACK IN BANGKOK!
- No Vacancy SEA, late November -
After taking a detour through Bali, No Vacancy Southeast Asia is returning to Bangkok for the 5th Edition of this popular event.
No Vacancy is unique, working the large grey area between hotels and their customer, the distribution chain and all that goes with it.
While the internet is a big focus, No Vacancy also examines hotel market performance with industry leaders and covers all main industry issues.
No Vacancy is a one-day event series known for topical, punchy programs and great networking.
Founded in 2007, It's been held in Asia since 2011.