Roy Morgan Research claims 9.5% – or one in ten – Australians aged 14 or more visited Qantas.com.au in the past four weeks, slightly ahead of Virgin Blue at 8.9% and Jetstar at 8.8%. These "most popoular travel website" results were derived from consumer polling and largely tally with Hitwise figures that use a different method - tracking site traffic via Internet Service Providers. Airlines dominate in both instances. Other sites that did well with Roy Morgan include Wotif.com, flightcentre.com.au, lastminute.com.au, bestflights.com.au, expedia.com.au, zuji.com.au and Stayz.com.au. Two top Hitwise travel sites that did not rank with Roy Morgan respondents were totaltravel.com and Booking.com.
TTNZ BOOKINGS OPEN, SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED! AKL - JUNE 25
AN excellent program packed with industry leaders from New Zealand and overseas has been revealed for the first-ever TRAVELtech NZ.
It's a fast-paced one-day event featuring the latest industry data, case studies, panels, interviews, presentations and debate.
TTNZ has a focus on online travel, e-commerce, distribution, digital marketing, mobile, social media, technology, web trends and other key issues.
Bookings are now open with super early bird tickets selling for AUD449 until Friday, May 8.
The following speakers have confirmed so far and more are on the way:
- Mike Ballantyne, Co-Founder, Online Republic
- Daniel Bridges, Head of Satellites, Trade Me
- Sydney Burdick, Global PR and Social Media, Trivago
- Keith Chilek, Chief Technology Officer, Tourism Holdings Limited
- Darrin Grafton, Chief Executive Officer, Serko
- David Hamblin, Senior Director Market Management AP, Expedia® Lodging Partner Services
- Andrew Hodges, Head of Revenue NZ and Fiji, Accor Pacific
- Paula Maxwell, Director of Trade Sales, Mantra Group
- Dougal Mckenzie, Industry Head – Travel, Google Australia & NZ
- Speaker TBA, Tourism New Zealand
- Anton Stanish, Regional Director Australia/NZ, HomeAway.com
- Nigel Taylor, Country Manager NZ, Sabre Pacific
- Nicole Wiener, Director of Sales Asia Pacific, Revinate
- Ben Woodward, Social Media Strategist and Founder, #whywellington
Founded in 1999, TRAVELtech has an outstanding track record with an international reputation for strong programs, real information, entertaining speakers and excellent networking.
TRAVELtech returns to Sydney on October 15.
Founded in 1999, it's Australia's leading web travel event, attracting 200+ delegates each year.
Early days at this stage and further details of this year's event will be posted over the next couple of months.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions, please get in touch.
PIX FROM 2014
IT'S A WRAP!
It's a wrap! No Vacancy Australia has just been staged in Sydney.
Please subscribe if you'd like further event updates.
Meanwhile, check out this year's speaker lineup and hope to see you in 2016...
- Bob East, CEO, Mantra Group
- Paul Constantinou, Chairman, Quest Serviced Apartments
- Jarrod Crump, Director of Revenue and Distribution, Accor Australia
- Michael Daley, Insights Delivery Manager, Experian Hitwise
- Dean Dransfield, Director, Dransfield Hotels and Resorts
- Emma Fraser, Group Director of Marketing, TFE Hotels
- Matthew Fuller, General Manager, Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- David Hamblin, Senior Director of Market Management AP, Expedia® Lodging Partner Services
- Dan Lynn, Vice President Asia Pacific, HomeAway.com
- Will Owens, Director, Revenue Finders
- Rodger Powell, Director, Tourism and Hospitality Services Australia
- Jeremy Reitman, CEO, Helloworld.com.au
- Tony Sheer, General Manager, Arra Accommodation Group
- Karin Sheppard, Chief Operating Officer - Australasia, Japan, Korea & AMEA
- Ray Stone, Executive General Manager, Voyages Indigenous Tourism
- Andrew Taylor, Regional Director of Development, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Cameron Stewart, VP Hotel Operations Australia and NZ, SilverNeedle Hospitality
- Adrian Thompson, Director of Revenue and Distribution, Meriton
- Stephen West, Executive General Manager, Turtle Beach Resort
- Han Zantingh, Managing Director Asia, Brainjuicer
- Neil Ackland, Founder, Sound Alliance