Roy Morgan Research claims 9.5% – or one in ten – Australians aged 14 or more visited Qantas.com.au in the past four weeks, slightly ahead of Virgin Blue at 8.9% and Jetstar at 8.8%. These "most popoular travel website" results were derived from consumer polling and largely tally with Hitwise figures that use a different method - tracking site traffic via Internet Service Providers. Airlines dominate in both instances. Other sites that did well with Roy Morgan include Wotif.com, flightcentre.com.au, lastminute.com.au, bestflights.com.au, expedia.com.au, zuji.com.au and Stayz.com.au. Two top Hitwise travel sites that did not rank with Roy Morgan respondents were totaltravel.com and Booking.com.
TIME TO ... CHANGE IT UP!
Time to 'Change It Up' at No Vacancy, Australia's leading accommodation industry conference, which returns to Sydney on March 15.
The punchy, issues-based program is packed with industry leaders and features presentations, data, debate, panels and discussion.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Matt Bekier, Chief Executive, Star Entertainment Group
- Donald Borg, Revenue Performance Director Australasia, IHG
- Matthew Burke, Analyst & BDM, STR Global
- Grant Colquhoun, Senior Director of Account Management APAC, TripAdvisor
- Adrian Currie, SVP Corporate Development, Priceline Group
- Dean Dransfield, Managing Director, Dransfield Hotels/Resorts
- Bob East, CEO, Mantra Group
- Daniel Finch, Managing Director, Wotif Group
- Andrew Hughes, VP Hotel Sourcing Asia Pacific, GTA
- Girish Jhunjhuwala, Founder and CEO, Ovolo Hotels
- Cemlyn Jones, General Manager, Travelzoo Australia
- Sam McDonagh, Country Manager, Airbnb
- Bernie O'Keefe, Director of Marketing, Tangalooma Island Resort
- Adam Posner, CEO & Founder, Directivity
- Steve Richards, Head of Commercial, Best Western Australia
- Greg Shaw, CEO, Mulpha Australia
- Armina Soemino, Emerging Companies Research Analyst, JP Morgan
- Anton Stanish, Regional Director Australia/NZ, HomeAway.com
- Renae Trimble, Vice President Loyalty & Digital Commerce, Australia, Accor Hotels
- Matthew Thomas, National Manager, Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Peter Waters, Director of Distribution, Global Hotel Group, Amadeus IT
Founded in 2007, No Vacancy has a strong track record and averages 200+ high-quality delegates each year.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about attending or sponsoring.
TRAVELtech - Australia's leading online travel marketing, distribution and technology event - returns to Sydney on October 13 this year.
So mark it in your diary and keep and eye out for further details, which will be available from April.
Alternatively - and this would be a much smarter option - register for updates and we'll send them through.
Meanwhile, here are some pix from 2015...
If you'd like to find out more please email us or call 612-9882-1575.
See more great pix at: TRAVELtech 2015 - It's A Wrap...