Metasearch engine Wego plans to more than double its Indian staff numbers from 10 to 25 this year following its split from local holiday content site HolidayIQ. It follows Wego's expansion in Singapore and a new office in Dubai to service the Middle East and Africa.
WHAT A DAY - TRAVELtech 2014
TRAVELtech 2014 has just wrapped up, and safe to say it was one of the best ever.
Vibrant crowd, excellent atmospere, strong program, lots of fantastic ideas.
Innovation & Inspiration ruled, at least for a day.
The interview with Skroo Turner (pictured), the entrepreneurial story of Anthony Hynes, the optimism of the Pitch It To Me crew, the sensational food, new friends and conversation.
Thanks to everyone who contributed: speakers, guests, sponsors.
- Rod Bishop, co-Founder, Jayride.com
- Jo Boundy, Head of Digital and Entertainment, Qantas Airways
- Mike Boyd, CEO, VroomVroomVroom
- Peter Bradd, Entrepreneur in Residence, Fusion Labs
- Elise Chang, Marketing, Partnership & Leisure Sales Director, Thrifty
- Benjamin Chong, Partner, Right Click Capital
- Luke Crawford, Director, tripbooka
- Michael Daley, Insights Delivery Manager, Experian Hitwise
- Sarah French, Travel Industry Manager, Google Australia
- Brad Gurrie, Managing Director, Travelzoo Australia
- Philippa Harrison, GM - Sales, Hamilton Island
- Rakesh Hegde, Founder & CEO, Rezopia
- Anthony Hynes, Managing Director and CEO, eNett
- Richard Ing, CEO & Co-Founder, Troopr
- Janeece Keller, Founder and CEO, Bound Round
- Simon Lenoir, Founder, Rezdy
- Richard Morgan, MD Global Accounts APAC, Sabre Holdings
- Michael Pearson, Director - E-commerce and Product, Expedia Australia
- Margaret Scott, Founder and Chief Viewologist, Views on Top
- Andy Sleigh, GM Asia-Pacific, Skyscanner
- Graham Turner, CEO & Managing Director, Flight Centre
- Jen Young, Senior Product Manager - Travel and Lifestyle, Fairfax Media (Traveller.com.au)
- Simon Akeroyd, VP Corporate Strategy, Amadeus AP
Please get in touch if you'd like to discuss TRAVELtech 2015.
And thanks again to our generous sponsors....
No Vacancy Australia returns to Sydney on March 26, 2015
Get set for No Vacancy Australia 2015.
The date has just been set and the venue confirmed.
More news in the coming months.
Any thoughts or ideas, please contact Martin Kelly.
Then check out this lively sizzle reel from 2014 to get a feel for the event.
NO VACANCY BALI
No Vacancy Bali was staged at the W Seminyak on Friday, August 29. It featured a fast-moving, issues-based program that lifted the lid on Asia’s hottest accommodation market.
- Chuck Abbott, Regional Vice President Southeast Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Hichame Assi, Chief Operating Officer, HotelsCombined
- Bill Barnett, Managing Director, C9 HotelWorks
- Peter Brampton, General Manager, The Stones Hotel - Legian
- Tenaiya Brookfield, Director of e-Commerce, Archipelago International
- Michael Burchett, Senior VP Operations & Development, Mantra Group Indonesia
- Tony Cannon, Co-Owner, Komune Resorts
- Daniel Finch, Executive General Manager Asia, Wotif.com
- Mark Flower, Director of Commercial Southeast Asia, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Matthew Gebbie, Director, Horwath HTL
- Alan Gertner, Industry Head – Travel, Google Southeast Asia
- Irene Janti, Brand Director, Pop! Hotels
- Traci Mercer, Vice President Market Management AP, Expedia
- Daniel Miller, Head of Bali Office, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels
- Craig Seaward, General Manager, W Bali Retreat and Spa
- James Stuart, Managing Partner, The Brand Company
- Jon Stonham, Chief Executive Officer, Elite Havens Group
- Stephen Thresh, Regional Director Southeast Asia, Booking.com
- Mary Justice Thomasson, Resident Editor - Bali, Luxe City Guides