Amadeus sells Opodo to AXA and Premira for 500m Euro
10 February, 2011 by Martin Kelly
Amadeus IT has sold Opodo, its European Online Travel Agency, to AXA Private Equity and Permira Funds for €500m, 11.7 times 2010 pre-tax earnings in a deal brokered by JP Morgan. The agreement includes a 10-year contract for Amadeus to provide Global Distribution Services to Opodo and two other OTAs, eDreams and GoVoyages, also controlled by Permira Funds and AXA Private Equity. The agreement is subject to regulatory approval.
The Cruise3sixty Australia conference and exhibition is shaping up to be a landmark day for Australia's cruise industry.
There's been a fantastic reponse so far with strong registrations and a jam-packed trade show.
In fact, less than 10 tickets remain, so if you're interested in coming best book now.
Meanwhile, the program's just been finalised.
Here are confirmed speakers so far with many more to come.
- Stuart Allison, Vice President, Princess Cruises Australia
- Kathryn Beadle, Managing Director, Hurtigruten
- Martin Bidgood, Regional Head, Intercruises
- Sarina Bratton, Chairman Australasia and Special Advisor, Compagnie du Ponant
- Simon Cheng, Director of Marketing, P&O Cruises and Cunard
- Craig Chisholm, Managing Director, Ozcruising
- Karen Christensen, GM - Director of Sales & Marketing, Silversea Cruises
- Kay Clarke, Managing Director, Stay and Play NZ
- Christine Duffy, President, CLIA
- Francesco Galli Zugaro, Aqua Expeditions
- Grant Gilfillan, CEO, Sydney Ports
- Bo Larsen, Director, Cruise Copenhagen
- Geoff McGeary, Founder, APT Touring
- Michael Mihajlov, Destinations Manager, Carnival Australia
- Nikolai Pitchforth, Head of Travel, Google Australia
- Dan Russell, General Manager, Cleancruising.com.au
- Ann Sherry, CEO, Carnival Australia
- Gavin Smith, Managing Director, Royal Caribbean
- Michelle Taylor, GM Sales and Marketing, TraveltheWorld
- Stewart Williams, Managing Director, Globus Family of Brands
Please use the link below for further information and bookings.
Sydney - March 26, 2014
Get set for No Vacancy Australia 2014.
As ever, it will be a focussed one-day event revolving around a strong program with entertaining, influential speakers.
There’ll also be great networking through the day with a bustling trade show and more than 200 delegates.
Balancing Act is the 2014 theme and work has started on the program.
Please contact us if you'd like to sponsor or speak.
Meanwhile, check out this video wrap of event highlights from 2013.
There are also some great photographs taken on the day.
No Vacancy SEA Bali
No Vacancy Southeast Asia will be held in Bali for the first time in June 2014.
Bali is one of the world's most dynamic accommodation and tourist markets.
Content-rich, it provides the perfect platform for the next edition of No Vacancy SEA.
This event has been successfully staged in Bangkok for the past three years.
But the time seemed right to head out on the road, hence Bali.
Stay tuned for a venue and date, which will posted shortly.
Meanwhile, to ensure you get the lastest new on No Vacancy SEA Bali, please subscribe for updates.
Sydney, September, 2014
TRAVELtech, established in 1999, is Australia's leading online travel industry conference.
It remains fresh and forward-looking, evolving each year.
Traditionally a one-day event, the focus is very much on real-time information.
Programming is topical and issues-based with speakers to match.
In terms of the audience, travel professionals across every industry niche.
The next edition of TRAVELtech will be in Sydney during September 2014.
To get get a feel for the event, click this link for images from 2013.
You can also subscribe for updates.