Online travel agent Wotif looks to have stitched up a deal to sell its entire operation to global giant Expedia for AUD703 million, or AUD3.30 a share. Company directors and co-founders, Graeme Wood and Andrew Brice, who between them control 35% of Wotif stock, support the deal, making a counter-bid unrealistic and therefore unlikely. (Check back for a detailed analysis later today).
Lots of fresh faces & innovative companies feature in the program for this year's edition of TRAVELtech Australia, the theme of which is 'Disruptive Influences'.
The day is anchored by a compelling agenda exploring the seismic changes rocking the travel world and beyond.
- Sydney Burdick, Global Public Affairs, Trivago
- Wlad Chagas, Senior Insights Analyst, Experian Hitwise
- Stefan Cordiner, Regional Director – South Pacific, Hotel Tonight
- Murray Decker, Founder, Tour Amigo
- Sam Dobson, Head of Transport Equity Research, Macquarie
- Ken Frohling, VP Business Development, Viator
- James Gaskell, Managing Director, Travel Corporation FIT
- Darrin Grafton, CEO and co-founder, Serko
- David Hamblin, Snr Director Mkt Mgt AP, Expedia
- Ryan Hanly, Founder, Outboundapp
- Adam Hutchinson, Founder, Geozone
- Kevin Jochelson, Founder, Fiestafy
- Serena Leith, Director of Marketing Asia Pacific, Spotify
- Jeff Lewis, VP Engineering, Viator
- Sam McDonagh, Country Manager ANZ, Airbnb
- Lisa Pagotto, Founder, Crooked Compass
- Stevan Premutico, CEO and Founder, Dimmi
- Jeremy Reitman, CEO, Helloworld.com.au
- David Rohrsheim, General Manager, Uber ANZ
- Christian Schaefer, Founder, Carhood.com.au
- Debby Soo, Vice President Asia Pacific, Kayak
- Damien Tampling, Technology and Media Partner, Deloitte
- Ryan Tuckerman, Group Director Sales & Marketing, Art Series Hotels
- Alistair Venn, CEO, Groupon Australia
- Renee Welsh, CEO, Booking Boss
Sessions will be a mix of presentations, case studies, discussion and debate.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to partner with us.