Online travel agent Wotif looks to have stitched up a deal to sell its entire operation to global giant Expedia for AUD703 million, or AUD3.30 a share. Company directors and co-founders, Graeme Wood and Andrew Brice, who between them control 35% of Wotif stock, support the deal, making a counter-bid unrealistic and therefore unlikely. (Check back for a detailed analysis later today).
Book Now and Save - EB Ends Today
Book now and save with the early bird rate for TRAVELtech 2014, which ends today.
This year's theme is: Innovation - "finding a better way of doing something"...
The program is full of hot topics and lots of great local and international speakers are already confirmed, with more on the way.
- Mike Boyd, CEO, VroomVroomVroom
- Peter Bradd, Entrepreneur in Residence, Fusion Labs
- Elise Chang, Marketing, Partnership & Leisure Sales Director, Thrifty
- Luke Crawford, Director, tripbooka
- Michael Curry, Manager Digital Innovation, Qantas Airways Limited
- Michael Daley, Insights Delivery Manager, Experian Hitwise
- Brad Gurrie, Managing Director, Travelzoo Australia
- Rakesh Hegde, Founder & CEO, Rezopia
- Anthony Hynes, Managing Director and CEO, eNett
- Richard Ings, CEO & Co-Founder, Troopr
- Simon Lenoir, Founder, Rezdy
- Ross McDonald, Industry Head – Travel & Tourism, Google Australia
- Georg Ruebensal, Managing Director, Expedia Australia
- Andy Sleigh, GM Asia-Pacific, Skyscanner
- Graham Turner, CEO & Managing Director, Flight Centre
- Clement Wong, CEO, BeMyGuest
- Rod Bishop, co-Founder, Jayride.com
- Margaret Scott, Founder and Chief Viewologist, Views on Top
Please get in touch if you'd like to contribute an idea, speak or sponsor.
No Vacancy Australia returns to Sydney on March 26, 2015
Get set for No Vacancy Australia 2015.
The date has just been set and the venue confirmed.
More news in the coming months.
Any thoughts or ideas, please contact Martin Kelly.
Then check out this lively sizzle reel from 2014 to get a feel for the event.
NO VACANCY BALI
No Vacancy Bali was staged at the W Seminyak on Friday, August 29. It featured a fast-moving, issues-based program that lifted the lid on Asia’s hottest accommodation market.
- Chuck Abbott, Regional Vice President Southeast Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Hichame Assi, Chief Operating Officer, HotelsCombined
- Bill Barnett, Managing Director, C9 HotelWorks
- Peter Brampton, General Manager, The Stones Hotel - Legian
- Tenaiya Brookfield, Director of e-Commerce, Archipelago International
- Michael Burchett, Senior VP Operations & Development, Mantra Group Indonesia
- Tony Cannon, Co-Owner, Komune Resorts
- Daniel Finch, Executive General Manager Asia, Wotif.com
- Mark Flower, Director of Commercial Southeast Asia, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Matthew Gebbie, Director, Horwath HTL
- Alan Gertner, Industry Head – Travel, Google Southeast Asia
- Irene Janti, Brand Director, Pop! Hotels
- Traci Mercer, Vice President Market Management AP, Expedia
- Daniel Miller, Head of Bali Office, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels
- Craig Seaward, General Manager, W Bali Retreat and Spa
- James Stuart, Managing Partner, The Brand Company
- Jon Stonham, Chief Executive Officer, Elite Havens Group
- Stephen Thresh, Regional Director Southeast Asia, Booking.com
- Mary Justice Thomasson, Resident Editor - Bali, Luxe City Guides