Apollo Tourism & Leisure has continued its aggressive global growth, acquiring Camperco, one of UK and Ireland’s largest independent motorhome operators, saying it will provide a “beachhead” for further European expansion.
Apollo paid £4.5m in cash and shares for the business, the major asset of which is the Bunk Campers brand, with a fleet of approximately 200 recreational vehicles, and offices throughout the UK/Ireland.
Camperco founders Keith Charlton and Louise Corken will be staying on to lead the business through its next stage of development and expansion.
Since listing on the Australian Stock Exchange in late 2016, Apollo has embarked on an aggression acquisition drive, buying or investing in the following companies:
• February 2017: Sydney RV Group, retailer of new and used caravans and motorhomes located in Penrith NSW.
• February 2017: 25% stake in Camplify, an online “peer to peer” caravan and RV sharing community currently operating in Australia and the United Kingdom.
• May 2017: Kratzmann Caravans and Clint’s Caravan Warehouse, one of the largest motorhome and caravan retailers south-east Queensland.
• July 2017: CanaDream, Canadian RV rental and sales business with a fleet of approximately 1,000 units.
• August 2017: George Day Caravans, an established Western Australian dealership for new and used caravans, campers and luxury motorhomes.