Losing Flight Centre as a client will cost the Travelport GDS around $US36 million a year based on its first quarter results, which revealed “Travel Commerce Platform revenue decreased in (i) Asia Pacific by $9 million, or 6%, primarily due to the loss of a large travel agency in the Pacific region.” That would be Flight Centre, which has shifted its airline business to the Sabre, which looks after the retail giant in Australasia and North America, Amadeus has picked up Europe.
The first speakers have been revealed for the Travel IQ business and investment conference in Sydney on October 24.
Bookings have just opened and confirmed speakers include:
- Anthony Hayes, Chief Operating Officer, Sealink Travel Group (SLK)
- Anthony Moulder, Head of Transport & Infratsructure Research, CLSA Australia
- Anthea Hammon, David Hammon, Directors Hammons Holdings, (Scenic World/Sydney Harbour Bridge Tourism Experience)
- Bob East, Chairman Tourism Australia/ Chair Experience Co (EXP)
- Brett Mitchell, Regional Director APAC, Intrepid Group
- Darrin Grafton, Co-Founder, Serko (SKO)
- Dax Eddy, Executive Director, Jamberoo Action Park
- Jamie Pherous, Managing Director, Corporate Travel Management (CTD)
- Josh Oakes, Director, The Sunshine Tribe
- Les Szekely, Managing Director, Grand Prix Capital, early investor in SiteMinder and Rezdy
- Nigel Benton, Publisher, Australian Leisure Media
- Robert Halfpenny, Managing Director, Aurora Expeditions
- Rod Cuthbert, Founder Viator, Former Chairman Rome2rio
- Rob Smith, Divisional Director, Australia/New Zealand, Merlin Entertainments (LON: MERL)
- Sue Badyari, Chief Executive Officer, World Expeditions
- Simon Lenoir, Co-Founder, Rezdy
- Tammy Marshall, CEO, The B Hive
- Vasso Zographou/Michael Simpson, Savills Hotels
Travel IQ is a new one-day conference that celebrates the business of travel with the people who live it every day.
- Key executives
Travel is a business, and Travel IQ will treat it like one.
You’ll learn how to improve your business, list a company, source finance, scale-up, connect with the right people, capitalise on fresh opportunities.
The program will be packed with industry innovators, creators, accumulators, doers, legends and pioneers.
See the travel industry through their eyes and leave with a better understanding of where you’d like to take your business.
Travel IQ is being held in the small but perfectly formed ballroom at the delightful Langham Hotel in The Rocks, Sydney, on October 24.
Numbers are strictly limited.
There are just 135 seats, ensuring everyone who comes receives maximum value and can properly engage with fellow attendees.
Catering will be of the highest standard with ample networking opportunities in comfortable surroundings.
Please register your interest here and we’ll be in touch when bookings open.
Travel IQ is being produced by Martin Kelly, who created the TRAVELtech and No Vacancy conferences, now owned by National Media.
More information on Travel IQ
- It's All About The Information -
TravelTrends founder Martin Kelly has diversified and now also runs Bluewater Press, a communications and thought leadership consultancy with a particular expertise in travel. Services include:
- Strategic Communications
- Media Releases & Distribution
- Crisis Management
- Thought Leadership
- Industry Advocacy
- Positioning, Messaging
- Marketing Plans & Execution
- Engaging Content
Martin is a communications, public relations and media professional with extensive high-level experience across the travel, internet, property and banking industries, both in-house and as a consultant.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org