Up to 400 Accor hotels will be developed in China by the Huazhu Hotels Group under an alliance between the two companies announced today.
Under the deal, Accor has taken a 10% stake in Huazhu, which has been awarded the master franchise for ibis, ibis Styles, Mercure, Novotel and Grand Mercure hotels in China.
It plans to develop 350 to 400 new Accor branded hotels over the next few years.
Together the groups will have “access to over 2000 hotels in China” and 5600 globally supported by integrated loyalty and distribution programs.
- Huazhu has a portfolio of over 1900 hotels in China with brands across all accommodation categories.
- It has the strongest pipeline of any hotel group in China.
- Accor now has has 144 hotels in China across eight brands.
- Accor’s Luxury/Upscale brands – Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery and The Sebel) – are not part of the deal.
- However, Huazhu will become a minority shareholder in Accor’s Luxury and Upscale business in China (10%) and provide support through its expertise and networks.