NSW destinations lead the way as holiday rental meta-search engine Holidu reports a year on year increase in searches, bookings and rates for its Australian site in the 90 days to the end of October for the summer holidays.
Headline findings include:
- 9.64% rise in searches for domestic destinations compared to 2019
- 99.40% of all searches were for domestic destinations
- 28.07% drop in average days between booking and arrival compared to 2019, shows a shift in focus to last-minute trips
- Average total booking amount rose 11.67% compared to 2019
- Average price per night rose 14.55% compared to 2019
The Holidu research reveals that the top 10 Australian destinations were all in NSW.
- Byron Bay
- Nelson bay
- Port Macquarie
- Coffs Harbour
- The Entrance
- Port Stephens
Holidu is a German-based meta-search engine that scours hundreds of sites including Booking.com and HomeAway offering more than one million holiday rental properties.
It also operates the Bookiply holiday rental software business.
Founded in 2014, over the past couple of years it has raised €45 million and says it became profitable in May this year.