Tragedy-torn Malaysia Airlines today reiterated that major shareholder, the Malaysian Government, is committed to ensuring its long-term future as the national carrier.
The airline, which suffered its second aviation disaster this year when MH17 was shot down over Ukraine late last week, also confirmed it is operating all scheduled flights to and from Australia and New Zealand.
“We are determined to rebuild trust in Malaysia Airlines as one of the best full-service carriers in the world and we appreciate the support of travel agencies, passengers and our valued employees,” said Mr Lee Poh Kait, Regional Senior VP, Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific.
He said Australasia is the carrier’s biggest market outside Malaysia with 81 flights a week.
Meanwhile, Malaysia Airlines is offering all customers a full refund on their tickets for travel this year until Thursday, 24 July.
Just four months ago MH370 and all its passengers disappeared without trace en-route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.