Research from Travelport shows that 56% of corporate customers use mobile technology to search or book hotels, “indicating a rapid increase in the use of mobile technology in the business travel sector”. The finding came from a relatively small sample of 150 respondents from the 600 corporate travel buyers, agents, hospitality and travel professionals polled.
Other survey findings included:
- 80% would like to see mobile applications offering suggested restaurants and bars around the hotel location
- 67% would like similar apps offering suggestions for recreational activities
- 71% rank Wi-Fi as one of the most important technology solutions that should be included as standard in hotel rooms
- 82% of travellers expecting this service to be in all rooms within five years
- 54% wanted more transparency and choice when it comes to charges for optional extras