Read ’em and weep. At a time when many online travel companies are struggling for growth, Priceline – which own Priceline.com, Booking.com and Agoda.com – continues powering ahead, driven by international business. Here are its latest performance figures:
- Second quarter gross travel bookings for the Group US$5.8 billion, an increase of 70% over a year ago.
- The Group had revenues in the 2nd quarter of $1.1 billion, a 44% increase over a year ago.
- The Group’s international operations contributed revenues in the 2nd quarter of $612.9 million, a 90%
increase versus a year ago (approximately 71% on a local currency basis).
- The Group’s gross profit for the 2nd quarter was $749.2 million, a 68% increase from the prior year.
- International operations contributed gross profit in the 2nd quarter of $612.1 million, a 90% increase versus a year ago (approximately 71% growth on a local currency basis).
And so on.