Entries are now open for the 2012 TRAVELtech Amadeus Web Awards which recognise the best of the Australian travel web. There are awards for Top Ten Websites and Website of the Year. Past winners are VroomVroomVroom (2011), Hotels Combined (2010) and Lonely Planet (2009). The winning sites will be chosen by independent judges from a shortlist of 25 websites across retail, air, car, hotel, accommodation, media, destination marketing, tours, activities, rail and cruising.
TO ENTER: Please send the URL and all relevant site details through to Martin.Kelly@at TravelTrends.biz. Entries must be received by Friday, August 17, 2012.
To qualify, the brains behind the website or business should be Australian or a foreign national working in this market. If based overseas, the business must have had its genesis in Australia with founding executives still playing an active role.
A significant portion of website development and design work is done here in Australia. The main site focus must be informing, enabling or selling travel, either in Australia or overseas. The sites can be aimed at either a local or global audience.
FIVE JUDGING CRITERIA
- Innovation (is the site, at the very least, moving with the times and wherever appropriate utilising things like social media and maps to interact and engage with their audience)
- Design and Usability (does it looks good, is the theme carried throughout the site, can it be easily navigated, is there always a logical click pathway)
- Meeting the Brief (Does this site achieve what it sets out to do, how well does it serve the target market – does it have a target market)
- Speed and Build (Do things happen quickly with no waiting around for images or information to download, does the site feel robust, well-built)
- Content (Does the site have good content, it is well laid and authoritative, are images used well both to inspire and educate, is there too little/too much)
POINTS BASED SYSTEM
- First past the post principal
- Each category is worth a maximum 10 points
- A score of 1 to 10 will be awarded for each category
- Scores from each category will added together and a mark out of 50 awarded
- The website with the highest score is TRAVELtech Website of the Year
- Awards also for TRAVELtech Top Ten Website(s)
- In the event of a tie the judges will confer and make a call
- Public votes taken into account if appropriate
The winners will be announced at TRAVELtech in Sydney on September 7 and posted the following day on www.traveltrends.biz. The judges’ decision will be final.