Book with the supplier direct if you want the best rate for either airfares or accommodation – you could save a lot of money. Huge differences also between the prices charged by Online Travel Agents. These are the major findings from a brief pricing survey conducted by TravelTrends.biz today of online retailers Jetabroad, Wotif.com Agoda, Webjet, Zuji and Expedia – comparing the rates they offered to Raffles Hotel Singapore and Thai Airways.
Hotel Survey Results: Raffles Hotel Singapore – one night accomodation in a state room for November 10, 2011.
- Raffles.com = S$753.28 for ‘state room’ including taxes and fees
- Expedia.com.sg = S$812 for ‘state room’ including taxes and fees
- Agoda.com = S$799.67 for ‘state room’ including taxes and fees
- Wotif.com = is not selling the ‘state room’ but is charging S$960 for ‘courtyard suite’ which can be obtained for S$870 on Raffles.com
- Zuji.com.sg = not selling ‘state room’ but retailing ‘courtyard suite’ at S$753.28 including taxes and fees
Airfare Survey Results: Thai Aiways Sydney-Bangkok return departing December 3 on TG472 returning December 11 on TG471.
- Thaiairways.com = A$1151.46 including taxes and fees
- Jetabroad.com.au = A$1220.46 including taxes and fees
- Webjet.com.au = A$1260.36 including taxes and fees
- Expedia.com.au = A1211.24 including taxes and fees
- Zuji.com.au = A$1159.39 including taxes and fees
This survey was conducted between 9am and 11am AEST on Nov 3, 2011.