Just weeks after abandoning plans to launch a premium Asian carrier with Malaysia Airlines, the Qantas Group has teamed with China Eastern Airlines to start a new low cost carrier, Jetstar Hong Kong. Qantas and China Eastern will invest $100m each in the joint venture, which will feature services to China, Japan, South Korea and SE Asia in 2013. Analysts believe the long-term end game is to enter the Chinese domestic aviation market.
Shoulda Been There - Back in 2019
You should have been there. The first sold-out edition of Travel IQ was a fantastic day.
Make sure you don't miss out in 2019 - register your interest here to get the latest updates.
Travel IQ is a one-day conference that celebrates the business of travel.
It's designed for entrepreneurs, key executives, business owners, directors, analysts, investors and managers across all verticals.
The aim is to get people thinking – and also inspired - with case studies from some of Australia’s most renowned travel entrepreneurs and innovators.
This unique format resonated with the attendees at the first event, which was staged at the Langham, Sydney, on October 24.
As one high-profile speaker commented: "I met with many great people and the overwhelming comment was how much they got out of Travel IQ.
"Personally, I also enjoyed the event very much.
"It is always great getting the heads of companies in the same room, inspiring. So well done!"
Another said: "Excellent first up business event - great base to build on."
Travel IQ 2018 featured an outstanding program packed with industry leaders including:
- Anthea Hammon, Managing Director, Scenic World; Director, Hammons Holdings
- Anthony Hayes, Chief Operating Officer, Sealink Travel Group (SLK)
- Anthony Moulder, Head of Transport & Infrastructure Research, CLSA Australia
- Bob East, Chairman Tourism Australia/ Chair Experience Co (EXP)
- Brett Mitchell, Regional Director APAC, Intrepid Group
- Darrin Grafton, Co-Founder, Serko (SKO)
- David Hammon, CEO & Director Hammons Holdings, (Scenic World/Sydney Harbour Bridge Tourism Experience)
- Dax Eddy, Executive Director, Jamberoo Action Park
- Jamie Pherous, Managing Director, Corporate Travel Management (CTD)
- Jeff Lewis, Vice President Technology & Strategic Initiatives, TripAdvisor
- Josh Oakes, Director, The Sunshine Tribe
- Kathryn Valk, Director of Marketing, Royal Carribean Cruises Ltd
- Les Szekely, Managing Director, Grand Prix Capital, early investor in SiteMinder and Rezdy
- Nigel Benton, Publisher, Australian Leisure Media
- Quirin Schwaighofer, co-Founder and COO, MadeComfy
- Rachel Wiseman, Chief Investment Officer, The NRMA
- Robert Halfpenny, Managing Director, Aurora Expeditions
- Rod Cuthbert, Founder Viator, Former Chairman Rome2rio
- Rob Smith, Divisional Director, Australia/New Zealand, Merlin Entertainments (LON: MERL)
- Sue Badyari, Chief Executive Officer, World Expeditions
- Simon Lenoir, Co-Founder, Rezdy
- Tammy Marshall, CEO, The B Hive
We’re proud to be a part of Travel Massive - a tourism community that started in Sydney and has grown to more than 40,000 members world-wide in 70 countries.
Connect with TravelTrends on Travel Massive, and join the community so your business can get discovered.
You can find Travel Massive in these Australian cities:
It's a fantastic community - the only one of its kind - isn't it time you joined?
- It's All About The Information -
TravelTrends founder Martin Kelly has diversified and now also runs Bluewater Press, a communications and thought leadership consultancy with a particular expertise in travel. Services include:
- Strategic Communications
- Media Releases & Distribution
- Crisis Management
- Thought Leadership
- Industry Advocacy
- Positioning, Messaging
- Marketing Plans & Execution
- Engaging Content
Martin is a communications, public relations and media professional with extensive high-level experience across the travel, internet, property and banking industries, both in-house and as a consultant.
For further information please email email@example.com