Sydney, Sept 30, 2014: Entries are now open for the 2014 TRAVELtech Web Awards which recognise the best of the Australian travel web.
The big prize is Website of The Year and there’ll be a number of other awards including Most Innovative, Best New Site and, for the first time, Best Travel App.
To qualify a company needs to be based or employ staff in Australia and the winner will be announced at the TRAVELtech conference in Sydney on Friday, October 24.
TRAVELtech director Martin Kelly Past said winners include Lonely Planet, HotelsCombined, Rome2rio, Hooroo.com and VroomVroomVroom.
The winning sites will be chosen by independent judges with evaluation based on the following criteria.
- Innovation (is the site moving faster than the competition and utilising the latest technologies)
- Design and Usability (does it looks good, is the theme carried throughout the site, can it be easily navigated, is there always a logical click pathway)
- Meeting the Brief (Does this site achieve what it sets out to do, how well does it serve the target market)
- Speed and Build (Do things happen quickly with no waiting around for images or information to download, does the site feel robust, well-built)
- Content (Does the site have good content, it is well laid out and authoritative, are images used well both to inspire and educate)
Further Information: Martin Kelly, 612-9882-1575