Media Release – June 11, 2009
BOOKINGS are now open for TRAVELtech 2009 – the 10th Anniversary Edition of Australia’s leading online travel distribution, marketing and technology conference – in Sydney on September 8.
TRAVELtech 2009 is shaping up as the strongest-ever with a diverse array of high-profile speakers confirmed and plenty more on the way.
It also marks the debut of the TRAVELtech Web Awards, due recognition for Australia’s outstanding travel websites.
The fast-moving program – which has now been posted on www.traveltrends.biz – features a compelling mix of issues, interviews, case studies, panels, statistical analysis, plus a focus shifting marketing and distribution strategies.
There are sessions on the latest travel business models, the phenomenal successful Best Job In The World campaign from Tourism Queensland, the latest web travel trends, and a profile on the online evolution of Lonely Planet.
Wholesaling will come under the microscope – Tourism Tasmania reveals the back story to its shift out of the sector, while the program looks the future with a special high-profile panel.
There is also a special focus on Low Cost Carriers with Jetstar CEO Bruce Buchanan taking the hot seat for a headline interview session. Confirmed speakers follow and many others will be announced over the next few weeks.
• Bruce Buchanan, CEO, Jetstar
• Chris Chambers, Director Digital Marketing, Tourism QLD
• Dave Cunningham, Chief Exploring Officer, Our Explorer
• Dr. Claire Ellis, Director Infrastructure and Industry Development, Tourism Tasmania
• Adam Ferrier, Consumer Psychologist, Naked Communications
• Tim Hughes, Blogger, The Boot
• Martin Kelly, Director, Travel Trends
• Tony Marlow, Research Director, Asia Pacific, Nielsen Online
• Diarmuid Russell, Commercial Director, Lonely Planet
• Benjamin Chong, Partner, Right Click Capital (www.cruises.com.au)
• Steve Sherlock, Managing Director, www.oodles.com
TRAVELtech was founded in 1999. It ran for three years until 2001 (sound familiar?) before returning without skipping a beat in 2004 – great crowds, provocative programs, interesting speakers.
It regularly attracts 250+ delegates and is known for great networking and fair pricing.
Bookings and further information are available through www.traveltrends.biz.
Further queries: Martin Kelly: (02) 9882-1575