Some quotes for your perusal from the recent No Vacancy Southeast Asia conference in Bangkok.
- “These islands are choking themselves.” Bill Barnett, C9 Hotelworks, on Bali and Phuket.
- “When planning campaigns, think people not platforms.” Sonia Kapoor, Nielsen.
- “Nothing much happens in Manila – it’s a boring stable market.” Sen Sun-Moon, Horwath.
- “Text ads on mobiles have the lowest trust rates among SE Asian consumers at 28%.” Sonia Kapoor, Nielsen.
- “Market Metrix did a study and found that recommendations and reviews are now driving more bookings than location or price.” Michelle Wohl, Revinate.
- “I always worry about Google.” Rob Rosenstein, Agoda.
- “Our business in Australia is growing in triple digits.” Dan Lynn, AirAsia Expedia.
- “There’s massive hotel development throughout the whole archipelago.” Scott Blume, RajaKamar, on Indonesia.
- “We’ve always been a little too late to other markets.” Craig Hewett, Wego, on his company’s early entry to Indonesia.
Share and Enjoy: