A POWERFUL program packed with industry leaders anchors the second No Vacancy conference in Sydney on April 15, which will attempt to answer the question: What’s Next?
But there’ll be no vision statements, said Conference Director Martin Kelly. “The aim of No Vacancy is to tackle issues and give delegates real time information they can use in their business.”
The program features a mix of presentations, panels, case studies, and debate. Topics include online distribution, consumer trends, channel management, star ratings, marketing strategies, social media and carbon offset business strategies.
Speakers are a diverse and influential bunch (see list below) from many of Australia’s leading accommodation and distribution companies, briefed to deliver relevant up-to-the-minute content.
In addition, there will also be a special consumer insights video session: ordinary people offering their views how they book rooms, where they are booking them, what they want from a website or reservations centre and how the industry can do it better.
Delegates will have exclusive access to this video, and also receive the latest Hitwise online industry report (value more than $700) plus drinks after the Allotz Great Debate at the end of the day. Confirmed speakers include:
- Rachel Argaman, CEO Toga Hospitality
- David Bayes, Managing Director, Choice Hotels Australasia
- Darrin Bird, CEO, Carbonza.com
- Bob East, CEO, Stella Hospitality Group
- Russell Farr, Managing Director, Australian Online Travel
- Paul Fisher, Marketing Director, TotalTravel.com
- Jeff Floyd, CEO, AAA Tourism
- Mike Ford, Managing Director, SiteMinder
- Martin Kelly, Director, TravelTrends.biz
- Gary Knowles, Global CEO, Roamfree Group
- Shannon Knapp, Revenue and Distribution Mgr, Mirvac Hotels & Resorts
- Chloe Lim, Managing Director, HotelClub
- Andrew Maurer, Manager Forecasting and Analysis, TRA
- Nick McCaw CEO Hotel SO
- Martin McConnachie, Founder and President, Allotz.com
- Michael Meade, Senior VP, Sales and Marketing, Rendezvous Hotels
- Terry Schwamberg-Kaljo, Owner, Contemporary Hotels
- Grahame Tate, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Ideas
- Michael Walmsley, General Manager, Hitwise Asia Pacific
Others will be announced over the next few weeks. The first No Vacancy in 2007 attracted more than 150 delegates and bookings are tracking well above that for this year’s event.
Further Information: Martin Kelly, w/ 612-9882-1575; m/ 61-414-774-978